Monday, August 27, 2007

BCCI's raw deal made me join ICL: Prasanna

Lambasting the BCCI for 'under-utilising' his expertise in grooming spinners, legendary offie E A S Prasanna on Sunday said that he joined the Indian Cricket League as he was assured a big role in developing slow bowlers.

"Kapil Dev (ICL chairman) told me that the league wanted me to help in fulfilling one of its prime objectives - developing good spinners. I found that my objective tallied with theirs. So, I liked the idea and joined the league," Prasanna told PTI over phone.

Prasanna, who formed a lethal spin quartet in the 1960s and 1970s along with B S Bedi, B S Chandrasekhar and S Venkatraghavan for India, has been inducted into ICL executive board.

Prasanna, who is attached to the National Cricket Academy as a bowling consultant, rued that his role in the Bangalore-based academy was mere 'token'.

"My services at the NCA were under-utilised. For instance, this year, I did not get to spend any day with the NCA cadets in Bangalore.

"My duties with the NCA this season were limited to a total of 10 days - five days in Kolkata and five in Nagpur," said the 67-year-old former Test cricketer

Related Post
Don’t join the ICL, NZC tells Fleming
Losing players to ICL a big blow: Vinod
Butcher denies ICL link, Ramprakash not on radar
ICL questions BCCI’s use of national icons
ICL moves Delhi HC against BCCI
BCCI may still be bowled by ICL fee structure
ICL players excited about the new prospect
BCCI hikes domestic match fees
ICL may spend Rs 150 crore
BCCI gears up to meet threat from ICL
50 cricketers join ICL

0 Comments:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button